El Niño Ready Nations(ENRNs) is a portal site about El Niño. We provide the information about recent news and how to prepare for the event.
- Why do we care about El Niño?
- What can you learn from El Niño Ready Nations?
- Our mission
- Who maintains El Niño Ready Nations?
- How to contact us?
Why do we care about El Niño?
We care El Niño because it brings many serious impacts in the world. The major impacts observed are flood, drought, tropical storms and so on. We believe that it is important for us to get ready for El Niño in order to secure our lives and minimize the impacts to us.
What can you learn from El Niño Ready Nations?
We provide information about:
- What is El Niño (definition)
- The most recent news about El Niño in the world
- Impacts about El Niño
- How do countries and cities in the world prepare for El Niño
You can learn about El Niño and the recent news. You will be knowledgeable on how to prepare for the impacts of El Niño.
Our mission for El Niño Ready Nations:
- To create awareness about El Nino and foster knowledge about the topic
- To get information about impacts and adverse water weather and climate related to El Niño disseminated to people that can use it
- Enable meteorological services, governments, NGOs , individuals and others to know about El Niño’s impacts around the world
Who maintains El Niño Ready Nations?
The Consortium for Capacity Building (CCB) is an educational, outreach, and networking organization at the University of Colorado – Boulder. CCB maintains and updates El Niño Ready Nations with the latest information on El Niño, La Niña and the Neutral Cycle. USAID also supports CCB in their projects to reduce impacts ti livlihoods of users and create awareness about the functions and hazards associated with an El Niño event. Please see the staff and project affiliates pages for the member listing.